What To Look For In A Good Event Planner101577
If you have ever had to plan an event, you already know how complicated it can be. You require to plan the schedule, the caterers, print the invites, mail the invites, gather RSVPs, find entertainment for the event and the list is endless. You forget one factor and there is a very great opportunity that your event will collapse or fail miserably. Instead of you tearing your hair out and obtaining sleepless nights, it would be a great idea to hire a professional event planner and an event planning company to provide professional services and a totally managed event.
Hiring a professional event planner
- Know your event and the experts who deal with such events -- All events are not the exact same. For instance, some specialize in corporate events, brand management and launching and even corporate branding for special events. These companies will not provide event planning services for small events like anniversaries and birthday parties. Before you hire the planner, we suggest you list down exactly what you want and then start searching for a relevant event planner.
- Usually verify reputations and references -- Most event planners and event management companies will have a portfolio that they will be pleased to show you. Even with the portfolio, the planner or the company will also have a design book that they will be happy to show you correct away. At the first meeting, you should ask for references and call these clients. Speaking to prior clients is the only way by which you can verify the event planner's experience and qualifications.
- Network of contacts -- Great planners have a huge variety of business contacts. They need this as they should be able to meet the customer's each demand and that means they should be in a position to find every thing from A to Z at a moment's notice. A lot of industry contacts will also imply that your event planner will be well known and he or she will have significant experience in dealing with emergencies or cancellations.
- Look at web sites -- Great planners will always list their portfolios and events on their website and you can effortlessly verify them quickly. Apart from personal or company web sites, you can also check the Yellow Pages and Trade Directories to find good nearby event planners or event management companies.
- Creativity and price -- Creativity comes with a cost and most event planners do charge for their services. However, you can effortlessly evaluate prices and services before you lastly select a company for your event.
- Firms vs. freelance - Please note that freelance or private specialists are just as good as large firms and this should not impact your choice.